The arts & #SCICOMM
This module explores the idea of the knowledge economy and the historical context of disciplinary divisions, as an entry point into understanding areas of common ground in artistic and scientific practice. You will be introduced to different formats of artistic work that operate around science, examining case studies of renowned artists, and experimenting with forms of art production. With support and guidance from tutors, you will identify an art/science collaborator with whom to develop your critical and creative practice.
Lectures and seminars may cover:
- Disciplinary Divides in Science Communication
- Curating Art for Science Communication.
- Bioart and Transgenic Art Practice.
- New Media Art & Hacktivism in Science Communication
- Commercial and Entertainment Industries and Science
- Biodesign and Commercial Art Products.