Creative Contexts & Practice
This module focuses on developing your professional skills as a reflective science communicator operating effectively in a digital environment. You will be guided to focus on developing creative habits and strategies to transfer ideas and skills into real world contexts through problem-based learning. You will be locate your work within a professional context and community of practice that has the potential to continue beyond the life of the course.
Lectures and seminars may cover:
- Developing Your Creative and Digital Practice as a Science Communicator:
- Situating Science in Society
- Science and the City
- Creative Digital Practice as a Research Methodology
- Working within and without the STEM community.
- Designing Your Digital Footprint: digital scholarship, open science, the rights of citizens in the digital age